2012년 11월 8일 목요일

Simple feelings about Ben X #1



           It’s always exciting when we watch films during the class time. However, since we watched Earthlings on Mr. Garrioch’s class, our films get more gloomy day by day. What we watched last class was Ben X, the film about the autistic teenager suffering on the school.
           When the film began, the loading windows of World of Warcraft excited us, and the morbidly playing player loosen up our afraid about the contents of it. Because we watched Earthlings last time, I was very bothered by my conjecture on the film; won’t it be disgusting like the Earthlings did?
           The movie seemed quiet normal until the player, Ben, gets out of his home and take a walk for his school. When I was at middle school, I saw some students bothered by every sound they hear, and psychologically very fragile due to their addiction of computer games. Thus, Ben didn’t seem to be so unusual or creepy. Even sometimes I’m that much sensitive to the sounds I hear, and don’t want to have any communications with my acquaintances.
           However, when the scene reached to the point where Ben’s bullied by so-called friends, especially in the way of sexually harassing, and the result was posted online, I felt extremely sorry about him. Though I’m not his friend nor know him in offline world, I just couldn’t understand why there’s actually no one who keeps him from bullying. Sure, there seemed to be one, who passed the video recorder to Ben, but he actually didn’t stop bullies. Also, the other things I couldn’t understand were the attitude of adults toward his autism. Why his parents keep him to study in the school where he can’t have any protections? Why the teacher of him says such phrases like, “He’s different and we must accept it”, even in front of him? Can’t it be an abrasion for him? Why the principal wants him to say all things that are done to him, in front of the bullies? Why doctors are not so serious about his autism, and just speak in arid ambience? For me, all of those seem not effective to the autism.
           Frankly speaking, it wasn’t creepy for my at all, unlike my classmates. However, it was too gloomy to accept and to face the fact of his being harassed. Also, due to the interviews conducted to his acquaintances, such as his mother, I can’t hesitate myself from watching the rest part of the film. What will happen after these sequences of events?

댓글 1개:

  1. This is part one? Where is part two.

    Also you need to upload your Earthlings blog version with the revisions. It's been on my desk for a while now. Remember to get it.

    답글삭제